Lawrence Walter Gordon DUFF-FORBES
- Born: 18 May 1899, 29 Brighton Street, Richmond, Victoria
- Marriage: Clara Elsie May GUEST on 9 Aug 1924 in Baptist Church, St Kilda, Victoria
- Died: 20 Feb 1964, Los Angeles, California at age 64
- Buried: Rose Hills Memorial Park
Noted events in his life were:
1. Military. On 13 February 1917, Lawrence enlisted in the Australian Imperial Force for active service abroad. Private Forbes was promoted to Corporal on 16 July 1917, then to Sergeant on 18 September 1917, then to 2nd Lieutenant on 7 January 1918. During this time he was staioned at the recruit depot at Broadmeadows in Victoria. On 5 October 1918 he embarked on the H.M.A.T. Zealandic out of Melbourne, disembarking in London on 5 December 1918. He was attached to the 8th Battalion. Whilst on leave in England, he became sick and was hospitalised. In the early part of 1919 Lawrence served in the field in Brussels, eventually leaving via Liverpool on 2 August 1919 to return to Australia.
2. Military Service.
married Clara Elsie May GUEST, son of Alfred Robert Bentley GUEST and Ada Constance Martha WILLETT, on 9 Aug 1924 in Baptist Church, St Kilda, Victoria. (Clara Elsie May GUEST was born on 30 Dec 1902 in Union Road, Surrey Hills and died on 2 Sep 1971 in Melbourne.)